Sunday, June 1, 2008

F-Train Big Game Free Roll

My prize for the guessing game was a buy in to the Blogger Big Game. Many Thanks to F-Train for that. The current state of my bank roll forbids play in those stakes, so this is quite the treat for me.

The following is the live-blog of the event.

10:30 So for I have made it to the first break with my stack still about average. We have lost 17 of the 70 starters. I have about a third the stack of the current leader.

Nothing special has happened to me either way. I have played pretty tight and people have noticed. We'll see how it goes after the break. I might be playing too tight, but everyone seems to be doing about the same as me.

I had one hand I probably should have folded on the river. It had a small suited connector in the small blind with everyone else limping and called along with the rest. The flop came two of my suit, paired one of my cards and gave me a draw to a straight flush. I bet pot, it folded to the chip leader who called and then it folded the rest of the way around. The turn gave me two pair. I checked, which I thought at the time was weak, but it wouldn't matter in the end. He checked behind. The flush filled on the river. I bet half the pot, he raised about three times that and for some dumb reason I called. He of course, had a bigger flush. It turns out he started with a pair of eights which gave him an overpair and a straight draw on the flop which filled on the turn with the flush filling on the river. I might have been able to bet him off the flop had I bet, but probably not and certainly not after that.

10:45 50/100 Trip sevens just won against a pair of jacks jumping me up to 6k.

10:55 60/120 I gave away to much with AK UTG that missed the flop against an AQ that caught a Q.

10:58 Back up to 5k with a bluff with 99 on a K high flop.

11:01 3.5k after a pair of 22 took a big chunk off of my QQ when it made trips

11:07 My Trip Tens on an all spade flop took my chips back from the same fellow

11:17 My stupidest play of the night. So bad I will publish it here:

Full Tilt Poker Game #6658711403: Blogger Big Game (41741046), Table 7 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:16:50 ET - 2008/06/01
Seat 1: Astin (2,660)
Seat 2: Chippy McStacks (3,880)
Seat 3: butchhoward (5,699)
Seat 4: Julkeus (7,620)
Seat 5: columbo (4,430)
Seat 6: pokerfaze (15,022)
Seat 7: TuscaloosaJohn (5,213)
Seat 8: corron10 (5,162)
Seat 9: bayne_s (4,389)
Chippy McStacks posts the small blind of 100
butchhoward posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to butchhoward [7d 6d]
Julkeus folds
columbo folds
pokerfaze calls 200
TuscaloosaJohn folds
corron10 folds
bayne_s folds
Astin raises to 800
Chippy McStacks folds
butchhoward calls 600
pokerfaze calls 600
*** FLOP *** [5c 4d Ks]
butchhoward checks
pokerfaze checks
Astin checks
*** TURN *** [5c 4d Ks] [Jh]
butchhoward checks
pokerfaze checks
Astin bets 1,200
butchhoward has 15 seconds left to act
butchhoward calls 1,200
pokerfaze folds
*** RIVER *** [5c 4d Ks Jh] [Qd]
butchhoward has 15 seconds left to act
butchhoward checks
Astin bets 660, and is all in
butchhoward folds
Uncalled bet of 660 returned to Astin
Astin mucks
Astin wins the pot (4,900)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4,900 | Rake 0
Board: [5c 4d Ks Jh Qd]
Seat 1: Astin (button) collected (4,900), mucked
Seat 2: Chippy McStacks (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: butchhoward (big blind) folded on the River
Seat 4: Julkeus didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: columbo didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: pokerfaze folded on the Turn
Seat 7: TuscaloosaJohn didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: corron10 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: bayne_s didn't bet (folded)

Out of position with suited connectors and only two other players? Why am I playing this hand? Check Call the flop? Idjit. I know I should have raised if I was going to play it at all. Why do I do stupid crap like that when I really sort of seem to know better when I am not actually playing a hand?

11:19 UTG raises. I have TT and my M is about 10 so I push. He calls of course. My TT is less that his KK so IGHN out at 36th. I know he likely had a big pair or a big hand, but not likely to fold TT. I might could have called and folded if the flop did not come with a ten, but that amounts to just folding preflop so might as well push at this point.

Anyway.

Thanks to F-Train for the chance at the Big Game, sorry it was not a better showing.

2 comments:

kurokitty said...

Nice job at winning F-Train's contest!

F-Train said...

My pleasure. Hope you had fun!